12 April 2009

Record Store Week, All Week

In celebration of Record Store Day this Saturday, April 18, I thought I'd take a look at some of the independent record stores that have been pretty instrumental in furthering my addiction to the purchasing of used and new LPs, CDs, cassette tapes, DVDs, and music magazines. It's an addiction that has fostered and developed over many years and its incessant nature has driven some mad and delighted others. But it's always been fun.



For me, there's nothing quite like visiting an independent record store. You may not always find what you want, but the experience is always worth it. I could say more but the triteness of any sentiment I could muster would only appear stereotypical and lame. I love music; I love buying music. And I really love buying music from a store I feel a connection to either physically or emotionally, however fleeting or long-standing.

Everyday this week I'm going to highlight a specific record store each day, hopefully with an small anecdote about what that particular store means or meant to me. So thanks for reading and feel free to leave whatever great record stores you think I should check out in the "Comments" section.

No comments: