28 July 2008

Eat the Hype

Saw The Dark Knight yesterday and the jury's still out on it for me. Heath Ledger as The Joker was phenomenal, but the plot was just kind of so-so. I'll probably enjoy it more after it stews in my brain for a few days.

Some other items that are worth the hype but only after many listens:

Centro-matic, Dual Hawks
Not as great as Fort Recovery, but another masterpiece from one of the best bands in America. Yep. Believe it.

The Hold Steady, Stay Positive
They could've stuck with their same-old formula, but they proved they can refine it and still rock like balls.

Bon Iver, For Emma, Forever Ago
Stark and frighteningly spare. Like listening to ghosts in an abandoned house.

Incidentally, all three of these albums are available for download at eMusic. Get them now.

Maybe this is what I have in store for me at The Hold Steady show at the Pour House in two weeks. God I hope so.

No comments: