17 June 2008

The Cure 4 Tour

I believe I am close to being able to die a happy man. Saw The Cure last night in Charlotte, NC at the Time Warner Cable Arena (formerly Charlotte Bobcats Arena). I was about 12 rows back from the stage and could have hit any band member with the sweat flying off my brow. Thankfully, I did not.

Security was militant. No cameras allowed. When I tried to sneak a picture with my crappy camera phone I was immediately flagged down. I only got three not-so-good pics that I'll post when I can get them off my f*!@*ng camera. In the meantime, here's a fantastic Cure fansite.
Three hours worth of music. No keyboards. Just guitar. Lovely.

The Setlist:
Underneath The Stars
Prayers For Rain
A Night Like This
The End of the World
Lovesong
A Letter To Elise
Want
Pictures of You
Lullaby
From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea
The Perfect Boy
Hot Hot Hot
The Only One
Wrong Number
The Walk
Sleep When I'm Dead
Push
How Beautiful You Are
Inbetween Days
Just Like Heaven
Primary
Shake Dog Shake
Charlotte Sometimes
One Hundred Years
Baby Rag Dog Book

Encore 1:
The Holy Hour
Other Voices
Drowning Man
Faith

Encore 2:
Freakshow
Close To Me
Why Can't I Be You?

Encore 3:
Boys Don't Cry
10:15 Saturday Night
Killing An Arab

And, just found out that Pinback will be playing Charleston's own Music Farm September 24. Now if we could just get Built to Spill here?

1 comment:

MyTVandTwo said...

I remember. I got one good pic before they threatened to kick me out after telling me to put my camera away 3 times. I was in the very last row of the floor seats. Eventually I moved up to the bleachers to get a better look. People are too damn tall. I had a lot of fun! The Cure were great. I loved Porl's heels.

-Mandy M.